Since 1968, Rod Johnson Air Conditioning has provided Stockton and the Central Valley with nothing short of the best air conditioning service and equipment available. Our staff of dedicated men and women work around the clock to make sure your air conditioning system runs flawlessly.
At Rod Johnson Air Conditioning, you get:
- Prompt service, 24/7
- Lifetime warranties on installation, workmanship, and ductwork.
- Professionally trained, licensed, and certified A/C technicians
Air Conditioning Repair
Even the best air conditioning systems will eventually need repairs. Our team of experts can quickly diagnose your system’s problems and most often repair them during a single visit. We are also one of the few companies in Stockton that offers 24/7 emergency air conditioner repair provided by fully certified specialists.
Common A/C Issues
- The air conditioner won’t turn on.
- Weird noises or vibrations occur at startup or during operation.
- Warm air exits the supply registers.
- The unit hums, but the fan doesn’t turn on.
- The fan runs, but the compressor isn’t working.
- Water is pooling around the air conditioner.
- No power to the air conditioner: This could be due to faulty wiring, a tripped breaker, or an overheated air conditioner that has shut itself off.
- Worn out fan belt: A squealing sound is good cause for concern, since it could indicate the fan belt is wearing out and is about to snap.
- Refrigerant leak: Hissing is a tell-tale sound the refrigerant is leaking. This decreases efficiency and is bad for the environment.
- Frozen evaporator coil: Continual operation at night, a low refrigerant level, poor circulation and other causes can result in a frozen evaporator coil.
- Defective fan motor: This can prevent air circulation around your home.
- Defective compressor: The fan runs, but the air feels warm because the compressor isn’t working. This is one of the most expensive components of an air conditioner. Speak with your Rod Johnson Air technician about whether a replacement is more cost effective than air conditioning repair in this instance.
- Clogged condensate drain: Algae, dirt, insect nests and other debris can clog the condensate drain over time, potentially leading to water damage.
Air Conditioning Maintenance
One of the best ways to prolong the life of your air conditioner and prevent costly repairs is to perform regular maintenance. Our low-cost A/C maintenance packages will let you enjoy your system worry free for years to come.
Our A/C Maintenance Includes
- Checking your air filters. You should check the air filter for your air conditioner on a monthly basis, but we will do it for you during the maintenance. If your filter is dirty, you should either clean or replace it. Not changing your air filter can result in it becoming clogged, which will not only restrict air flow throughout your home, but will also result in your air conditioner working much harder than it should. This will cause unnecessary wear and tear on the air conditioner as well as increase your energy costs.
- Cleaning the equipment. Make sure to clean the individual components of your air conditioner regularly to avoid grime, dirt and other obstructions from decreasing the unit’s efficiency. We will clear the dirt and dust around the air conditioner as well as from your ducts.
- Keeping the area around the unit clear. It’s important to make sure that nothing is obstructing the exterior part of your air conditioner. If your unit’s air intake is being blocked by plants or other debris, we will take steps to fix it.
- Checking the refrigerant and mechanical components. While there are many steps you can take to maintain your own air conditioner, there are some things better left to the professionals. Our technicians will check your heat exchanger, ignition system, blower housing, refrigerant, and much more.
Air Conditioning Installation
When it comes time to replace your air conditioner, call Rod Johnson to get it done right. All installations are performed by skilled and professional technicians who receive continuous training in all makes and models of HVAC equipment while adhering to strict home etiquette guidelines. We offer 100% financing and complete every install with HERS Testing Service, Permit and CF-4R and CF-6R, and a Safety Certified Seal.